JULY 26th - 7pm - Chautauqua Birthday celebration!
- WHAT: Celebration of "Waxahachie Chautauqua Day" in Texas!
A slide show by Assistant City Manager Michael Scott about the dynamic changes happening in Waxahachie, with new and future parks and other Public Spaces in the works!
The revealing of a new poem by poet David Smith, just commissioned to celebrate the Waxahachie Chautauqua!
Music, Birthday Cake, and general Celebration!
- WHEN: Wed, July 26, 2017, 7:00-8:30pm
- WHERE: Ellis County Woman's Building, 407 West Jefferson Street, Waxahachie, Texas
- COST: Free to anyone!
- WHY: Texas House Bill 1254 has been passed by the 85th Texas Legislature & signed by the governor, designating July 26th as "Waxahachie Chautauqua Day" in Texas!
- This bill honors the first day of the Waxahachie Chautauqua on July 26, 1900.
- July 26th will now be celebrated each year as the birthday of the Waxahachie Chautauqua and its cultural and educational heritage.
- The bill officially becomes law on Sept 1, 2017 but, of course, we'll start celebrating a little early - on July 26, 2017!
JULY 26th - noon - Chautauqua grove dedication!
- WHAT: Dedication of the new Chautauqua Grove next to the Chautauqua Auditorium in Getzendaner Memorial Park. Find out where future Chautauquans will be sitting in the shade!
- WHEN: Wed, July 26, 2017, 12:00-12:15pm - Guaranteed to be the Shortest Event and the Best Cold Lemonade of the season!
- WHERE: Getzendaner Memorial Park. Park on Tennery Street next to the Chautauqua Auditorium if you want to be close to the new "Grove"!